At The Park Academies Trust every student has the opportunity to ensure that they can really sell themselves to a prospective employer or university. We offer a huge range of activities that students can get involved in outside of lessons that are aimed at developing their employability skills.
Our work-related activities are developed to enable all students to not only take part in a range of exciting and work relevant opportunities in our sixth form, but also build up evidence towards an outstanding employment, apprenticeship or university application.
By successfully completing the Employability Skills Booklet students will evidence, evaluate and reflect upon the essential transferable skills that employers look for. By this we mean, skills that are applicable to any career pathway such as team work, communication and problem solving.
There are lots of opportunities open to students in our sixth form to develop their employability skills. In any course students study they can help students lower down the school in that subject area, acting as a Teaching Assistant or general classroom support. Students can also join the Student Union Leadership Team and get involved in leading student life activities in the sixth form and school.
There are also plenty of other opportunities to develop expertise in students chosen career fields such as career relevant schemes within the Level 3 BTEC programmes of study and work experience placements.
Employability Skills Programme
- Y10 Futures Week(Sixth form seminars outlining the employability skills required to succeed in all post 18 destinations)
- Y11 Sixth Form Induction(Break out seminars focussing on reviewing and evaluating current employability skills and developing this skill set)
- An introduction to employability skills(PSHE programme)
- Mentoring Programme(Regular one to one mentoring during which employability skills will be reviewed and areas for development identified)
- UNet Programme
- Headstart Programme
- Guest Speakers(University partners, Study Higher Programme, PiXL6, Partnering Young Talent, Education Business Partnership, 3aaa Apprenticeships, Nationwide, NCS, Alumni)
- Open Evenings(Nationwide)
- Destinations Expo (Careers & Enterprise Company & Education Business Partnership)
- EPQ University Research Trips (University of Bath & University of Southampton)
- Destinations Week
- Enrichment programme
- Work experience placements