At The Park Academies Trust every student is supported to successfully achieve their first choice post 18 destination. In September 2017 LPA Sixth Form launched their High Performance Academy (HPA) to enable our students to achieve placements at the more selective universities (Oxbridge / the Russell Group) and Higher Apprenticeships with the UKs leading companies. The HPA programme is for all students with good academic records.
- A specialist Higher Achievers tutor group led by one of our HPA team.
- Dedicated Oxbridge co-ordinator – for Oxbridge Guide please click here.
- Guidance and encouragement to apply including additional University visits in year 12 and opportunities to ask questions of University representatives.
- Sixth form alumni network of our many ex-students who have gone to Russell Group Universities.
- A parent briefing to help them to support you through the research and application process.
- A range of activities designed to develop your abilities to think critically, for example, Outside The Box (debating society).
- Preparation for application and selection processes including how to research University departments, introductions to aptitude tests and advice on presentations.
- Development of higher level academic skills, including use of journals and referencing, leading onto opportunities to undertake an Extended Project Qualification (EPQ).
- EPQ visits to the University of Bath and the University of Southampton with full access to their reference libraries.
- Opportunities to complete Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) accredited by Universities worldwide.
- Partnering Young Talent – Higher Apprenticeship programme to support students gaining placements within the financial services sector.
- Villiers Park Project – support from KS4 to sixth form and beyond for those from disadvantaged post codes to access higher education including subject support workshops.
Most HPA activities will take place during tutor time and PSHE lessons enabling students to still to take part in all other sixth form activities.
For further information please contact:
Oxbridge Co-Ordinator – Mr G Williams WilliamsG@lydiardparkacademy.org.uk
Higher Apprenticeship Co-Ordinator – Mr M Godley GodleyM@lydiardparkacademy.org.uk
Russell Group applications – Mr O Russell RussellO@lydiardparkacademy.org.uk