We are very proud of the students who achieved the school’s highest A Level results, with 41% gaining an A* to B or equivalent and nearly 30% gaining A* to A. We are delighted by the achievement of our students which is fully deserved on the back of their hard work and the hard work of our staff. This is the second year of full A Level results for the school and it is really exciting to be achieving these kind of results so soon.
Following on from last year’s success whereby nearly 70% of students went to their first choice University, we are again delighted to report that all students who applied to University have gained a place. For the second year, we anticipate that the proportion of students going to University from our Sixth Form is more than double the overall figure for Swindon.
A selection of our results
- Harrison Burdock (Economics – B, First in Sport – Distinction*,Distinction*) – Gap Year – Australia / Loughborough University (Sport Management)
- Joshua Drinkwater (Biology – A*, Chemistry – A, Mathematics – B, EPQ – A*) – University of Bristol (Medicine)
- Nathan Ellmer (Geography – B, Mathematics – A, Physics – B, IT Cambridge Technical – Distinction*) – Swansea University (Aerospace Engineering with a Year in Industry)
- Jordan Kelsall (Economics – B, Geography – A, Mathematics – B, Physical Education – C) – Professional Ice Hockey Contract (Nottingham Panthers) / Apprenticeship (Accountancy)
- Rebecca Maddocks (Economics – B, History – C, IT Cambridge Technical – Distinction*, Distinction*, EPQ – B) – Swansea University (Business Management – e-Business)
Operational Principal Gary Pearson said “I am delighted that the hard work of the students and the dedication of our staff has led to these excellent results. It was great to see so many excited students who achieved their targets and above and are now planning the next part of their life’s journey.”