Iceland Trip- March 31st
Only 4 weeks until the Humanities trip to Iceland. The weather in Iceland is currently very cold with heavy snow so please make sure that you have thought about the clothing and equipment that we suggested at the Parent Information evening.
ICELAND PACKING LIST-
Hand luggage (day backpack no larger than 56 x 45 x 25 cm)
- Wear warm clothes (layers are ideal) and sensible shoes.
- Gloves, scarf and warm hat.
- Waterproof coat.
- A water bottle (must be empty to go through security)
- Currency- Sterling (to buy a snack for breakfast) and Icelandic Krona.
- Swim suit and towel (we will be going to the Blue Lagoon on the way from the airport)
* Please make sure your hand luggage doesn’t contain any sharp items and any small liquids must be in clear plastic bag to go through security.
*The teachers will have your passports, EHICs and any medication.
Hold Luggage (It’s total size has to be under 275cm (to find this out simply add its length + width + height) and a standard weight of 20kg per bag)
- Sturdy walking/waterproof shoes- we may need to walk on loose and icy ground.
- Thick, warm socks.
- Long sleeved jumpers/fleeces.
- Warm trousers.
- Tights, leggings, base-layers.
- Waterproof overtrousers
- Toiletries- including moisturisers and lip balm to protect skin against the wind.
- Northern European 2 pin travel adaptor.
- Sunglasses and sunscreen.
There is limited availability of Icelandic Krona (ISK) so you will need to order at least two weeks in advance. Students will have everything included once we arrive in Iceland apart from lunch on the final day. We therefore suggest a maximum of £50 exchanged into ISK.
Temperatures and climate
Winter- Low: -3 degrees C. High: 0 degrees C
It is likely to be cold and windy with snow possible.
IMPORTANT NOTE Please remember that all of your belongings are your responsibility throughout the trip. Your phone may be taken to use as a camera, but we will advise all students to turn off data roaming and to only use a phone in an emergency.