Safeguarding at LPA
Mr D. Williams - Designated Safeguarding Lead
Mrs T. van der Meulen - Deputy Safeguarding Lead
Mr G. Pearson - Principal (Other DDSL)
Miss S. Hesten - Vice Principal (Other DDSL)
Miss M. Robertson - Online Safety Officer
The Pastoral Team at Lydiard Park Academy consists of:
- 6 teaching Heads of Year (7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 13)
- 1 non-teaching Head of Year (12)
- 5 x Pastoral Support Assistants
- School Counsellor
- TaMHS (Targeted Mental Health Service)
- Mental Health Trailblazer
- Children Looked After Lead
- ASC Centre Manager
- Online Safety Officer
Heads of Year are continually monitoring student data and identifying any relevant pastoral support required throughout the year. As each Pastoral Support Assistant is non-teaching they are able to take parent calls and hold meetings throughout the school day.
The work/support carried out on a daily basis by the team is tailored to suit individual students to allow them to achieve to the best of their ability and overcome any barriers to learning that may be present.
We strongly believe in a multi-agency approach when working with identified students. We are fortunate to have access to the following agencies:
- Locality School Nurse
- Youth Engagements Workers
- Police (Neighbourhood Policing & Specialist Departments)
- Education Welfare Officer
- On Trak - Counselling
- MASH - Multi agency safeguarding hub
- Targeted Mental Health
If you wish to discuss anything in relation to Pastoral Support for your child, please contact their tutor.
External support including websites are also available in the resources section below.
National Domestic Abuse Helpline
Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre
Parentzone- the experts in digital family life
Kidscape - Help with Bullying - Parent Advice Line