If your child is unable to attend school please contact the absence line on 01793 874224 then select Option 1, before 08:30 am if possible, and leave a brief message stating:
- Your name
- Your child’s name
- Tutor Group
- Nature of the absence/illness - Medical Evidence is required for 5 or more consecutive days absence due to illness (3 days if prior to or after a school holiday)
It is essential that the pastoral team is notified every day that a student is off sick. This is not only to keep attendance records accurate but to ensure your child’s safety. If you were to send your child back to school and we assume they are still absent due to illness an incident could occur that neither parties are aware of.
If you are unable to provide medical evidence in the form mentioned above, the absence marks will revert to unauthorised and a penalty notice may be issued for avoidable absence.
Request for Leave of Absence
A ‘Request for Leave of Absence’ form should be completed and returned to the relevant pastoral office. This can be found below or collected from reception. The reply process can take up to two weeks.
Amendment to Code of Conduct, Holidays in Term Time, September 2016
Please note below, changes to term time holiday as directed by Swindon Borough Education Welfare, Legal Dept. The following will take immediate effect:
Family holiday will not be granted during term time unless the Principal considers it to be extenuating circumstances
- It is only the Principal who can approve or decline requests
- A leave of absence from should be submitted to the relevant pastoral care office in the first instance
- Attendance below 95% is considered failure to attend regularly
- The reference period is 12 weeks prior to date of referral for Penalty Notice
- Therefore, the holiday absence will be included in the reference period
If you have any enquiries regarding leave of absence, please contact the school.